In pediatric medicine, knowing what kind of work you’ll be doing on a daily basis is important. It’s even more important because you’ll be working with children instead of grown adults. Here is a brief guide on the typical tasks and work locations of pediatric nursing assistants.
Daily Tasks for Pediatric CNAs
- Gather patient information.
- Take vitals.
- Check to see if pediatric supplies are stocked.
- Provide administrative support and help out with general tasks in the unit.
- Administer medication.
This could also include admissions work like room set-ups, creating charts, and data entry.
Places to Work for Pediatric CNAs
- Children’s Hospitals
- General medical centers with pediatric units
- Surgical hospitals with pediatric units
- Healthcare facilities
- Other medical centers or facilities