In interviews, it is important to ask your possible employer questions regarding the position and/or the company itself. Even if you don’t have a specific question in mind, be sure to ask one in order to stimulate conversation and show interest in the job. Conversation builds a relationship with the person interviewing you. This relationship will increase your chances of getting the job!
- What is the workplace culture like?
- What does a typical day look like?
- Describe to me what the work environment is like.
- What is the management style within the organization?
- Why do you enjoy working for the firm?
- Are there opportunities for growth?
- How are employees evaluated and promoted?
- What qualities are you looking for in a new hire?
- What are your expectations for a new hire?
- What makes your firm different from your competitors?
Doing research about the company before going to your interview can help you get a better understanding of the organization and might even answer some of these questions for you.
It is important to ask questions in order to see if you are a good fit for the company, but it also helps you know if the company is a good fit for you too!