8 Healthy Ways To Boost Your Energy
We have all experienced a moment when a sudden, cruel wave of exhaustion hits us out of nowhere–encompassing our minds with the burning desire to rest. While an immediate response may be to chug cups and cups of coffee until your caffeine level skyrockets, there are other, healthier solutions to boost your energy.
Next time you need a boost, give any of these healthy fixes a try.
- Workout midday. Get your body moving and let the endorphins start flowing!
- If you’re hungry, choose complex carbs. These include foods with whole grains and green vegetables. The glucose with give your brain some energy.
- Avoid sugar. We know you’ve heard this before, but it’s true–sugar consumption can lead to a quick crash, completely defeating the purpose of your refuel!
- Stay hydrated. Make sure you are drinking enough water throughout the day. Dehydration can make you sleepy.
- Sit up. Keeping proper posture and refraining from slouching will aid in keeping you awake.
- Leave your desk. Sitting in the same chair for hours on end can leave you restless. If you don’t have time for a full workout, go for a quick walk, grab some fresh air, and return feeling revitalized.
- Get enough sleep at night. Don’t forget to give yourself enough pillow-time. If you get enough at night, your body won’t be craving it in the middle of the day.
- Get in your B-vitamins. There is a reason why its nickname is the “energy vitamin”. These vitamins help convert our food to fuel–keeping our bodies running like a well-oiled machine. Make sure you’re obtaining enough of them through the foods you eat (spinach, almonds, eggs, etc) or daily supplements.
Next time that wave of exhaustion tries to hit, try out one of these fixes to stay afloat and keep you productive and energized.